For the past couple of years, I have tried to filter through all the breakout sessions and compile my top picks. The purpose is to help my customers build their agendas, especially if this is the first time they are attending and are not familiar with the speakers. This year I have broken it down by the top 10 overall, my top 15 technical sessions, top 10 sessions for management level attendees and other picks that just missed the top 10.
General Tips For First Time Attendees
- Do not miss the keynotes!
- Networking with peers from the industry is one of the best aspects of attending Synergy. Make sure you take the time to reach out to others while attending sessions. Also spend as much time as possible at the expo and meet the various vendors.
- Do not decide on attending a session just based on the title. Always check the speakers and agenda as well.
- Provide your feedback on the sessions you attend. This will help Citrix improve future breakout sessions.
- Do not hesitate to ask questions to the speakers either during the session or after the session. The breakout sessions are a golden opportunity to get some face time with some of the brightest minds and you should take full advantage!
- If you are new to the products or have not played with the latest and greatest versions, make sure you stop by the Solutions Sandbox and get your hands dirty.
- Follow Synergy on twitter. You will receive great insights on the sessions, keynotes etc. An unfiltered perspective I might add.